Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sweat It Out!

I am 17 days out from my first competition of 2012, the Mr./Ms. Natural Minnesota, IFPA Pro North American, and the goal is to sweat, sweat, sweat!  I have updated my workouts with the help of Sienna Bahlmann of Sienna B.Fit and Danny J Johnson of the Sweaty Betties.  The workouts are performed as a circuit without any rest between exercises or sets.  Because of my schedule, I do my cardio in the morning and lift after my day job Monday-Thursday.  I work doubles on Fridays so I lift in the morning and do my cardio during my lunch break.  


Sienna, Danny, and I working the Egg Whites International booth at the 2012 Arnold Sports Expo.


Monday
40-45 minutes of cardio upon waking up
Lift Shoulders
Seated Shoulder Press 3x15
1 minute Burpees 3xAMAP (As Many as Possible)

Side laterals 3x15
1 minute Jump Squats 3xAMAP

Upright Rows 3x15
1 minute Mountain Climbers 3xAMAP

Dumbbell Incline Press 3x15
1 minute Plyo Lunges 3xAMAP

Rear Delt Machine 3x15
1 minute Hop Squats 3xAMAP

Dumbbell Arnold Press 3x15
1 minute Speed Skaters 3xAMAP


Tuesday
HIIT Cardio*
Hot Yoga Sculpt at Core Power Yoga


Wednesday
40-45 minutes of cardio upon waking up
Lift Legs
Seated Leg Extensions 2x30
1 minute Bicycle Crunches 2xAMAP

Leg Press 2x30
1 minute Suitcases 2xAMAP

Lying Leg Curl 2x30
1 minute Russian Twists 2xAMAP

Smith Squats or Reverse Hack Squats if Smith is taken 2x30
1 minute Plank 2xAMAP

Walking Lunges Down and Back the Length of a Basketball Court


Thursday
HIIT Cardio*
Hot Yoga Sculpt at Core Power Yoga


Friday
40-45 minutes of cardio upon waking up
Lift Back
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 3x15
Barbell Curls 3x15

Wide Grip Seated Rows 3x15
Skullcrushers 3x15

Assisted Pullup 3x15
Assisted Dips 3x15

Bent Over Row with Dumbbells 3x15
Hammer Curls 3x15

Underhand Close Grip Lat Pulldown 3x15
Tricep Extensions 3x15


Saturday
HIIT Cardio*


Sunday
Rest!


*For HIIT cardio ideas, sign up for Stephanie Keenan's FREE HIIT membership!
Stephanie & I at Fitness America.

No comments:

Post a Comment