Friday, March 9, 2012

Dark Chocolate Covered Turkey Bacon

This is not a contest prep treat by any means. I have been having a rough time this week getting into my contest mode. I tweaked my sciatic nerve last week so working out has been difficult. I have not been feeling well since I got home from The Arnold. This week has been emotionally, physically, and mentally draining for me so last night I decided that I was going to make myself a treat to help me get out of this rut. My friend, Sienna, is a really great cook who experiments with different ingredients. For our trip to The Arnold, she made chocolate covered bacon but I do not eat pork so I decided to make my batch with turkey bacon instead.

Ingredients:
8 slices of turkey bacon- I used Roundy's
1 semisweet chocolate bar

Method:
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Bake bacon according to the directions on the package.
Let bacon cool.
Break chocolate bar into small pieces.
Microwave uncovered for 45 seconds.
Stir.
Microwave until chocolate is melted and smooth for 10-15 second intervals.
Cut bacon strips in half and dip in the melted chocolate.
Freeze for 30 minutes and enjoy!

I put the remaining bacon in a ziploc bag and refrigerated it.

Nutritional Information (16 servings):
47.2 Calories
3.1 grams of Fat
3.9 grams of Carbs
1.3 grams of Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment