Saturday, October 27, 2012

Feed the Dada

Since I decided I was not going to compete this Fall, my diet has been a hot mess! I have used every excuse to eat junk since September.  Seriously, ever dang excuse.  The excuses I have used the most are, 1. "Oh, I haven't eaten this in forever" when I just ate it the day before... maybe even a couple of hours earlier... and 2. "I'm bulking" when the next reasonable question should be "for what?!".  The only things I have been "bulking" is my butt from all the bons bons I eat while watching Judge Mathis.  It has gotten so bad that my mom will ask "can you eat that?!" when I go for the umpteenth cookie of the day.  Of course, I can eat it! You just saw me eat 4 of Wendy Jo's chocolate covered peanut butter cookies without stopping for air.  Should I? Absolutely not.  Since I cannot do anything in my life without a plan, list, and Excel spreadsheet, I am officially putting myself on a meal plan.  It is definitely not going to be as strict as the meal plans I have been on while competing for shows but it will give me some much needed structure.  

This post is titled "Feed the Dada" because my family's pet name for me is Dada, Dada Life is one of my favorite artists, and I get super cranky when I am hungry so I need to be fed regularly so everyone's safety.

My goals is to eat 6 times a day every 3 hours.  Meals 1-4 will contain protein, veggies, grains, and fruit.  Meals 5-6 will contain protein and veggies.  I am going to get 3 servings of fat in per day.  Below I have listed the foods I am including in my meal plan.  I am limiting the treats to once or twice a week because I really, really, really like chocolate covered peanut butter cookies and have no intention to give those up anytime soon.

Protein Sources 
Whey Protein Powder
Turkey
Chicken
Extra lean ground beef
Tuna
Lean cuts of beef like flank, hanger, and sirloin
Buffalo
Egg Whites
Cottage Cheese
Greek yogurt

Starches 
Oatmeal
Brown rice
White rice
Quinoa
Sweet Potatoes
Beans
Bread
Gourds- pumpkin, squashes, etc.

Fats 
Olive oil
Almonds
Walnuts
Almond butter
Avocado
Avocado Oil

Veggies
Asparagus
Spinach
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Sugar Snap Peas
Green Beans
Kale
Collard Greens
Lettuce
Cucumber
Peppers

Fruit
Grapes
Bananas
Grapefruit
Raisins
Oranges
Berries
Watermelon
Pineapple
Mangoes



No comments:

Post a Comment