Thursday, January 26, 2012

Preparing for The Arnold

Yesterday, I was informed that Egg Whites International is interested in having me work their booth at the 2012 Arnold Sports Festival! I am so excited to have this opportunity!

The Arnold takes place in Columbus, Ohio from March 1-4 which is in 34 days! I have 34 days to get "Arnold" ready which means I really need to tune into my diet and work out plans. I am going to continue with my current lifting schedule (2 body parts a day/6 days a week with heavy weight and lower repetitions), workout at Crossfit White Bear twice a week, and add some HIIT cardio sessions.

Since I am not competing until June, I have been very relaxed with my eating. Preparing for The Arnold is going to help me transition into my competition diet. Below is my basic meal plan that I plan to follow for the next month. I will be making changes to my carb intake as the event approaches.

Meal 1: 3-4 ounces of protein, 1/4 cup of starch, 1/4 cup of fruit, & 1 tablespoon of healthy fat.
Meal 2: 3-4 ounces of protein & 1/2 cup of veggies.
Meal 3: 3-4 ounces of protein & 1/4 cup of fruit.
Meal 4: 3-4 ounces of protein, 1/2 cup of veggies, 1/4 cup of starch & 1/4 cup of fruit.
Meal 5: Whey Protein Shake
Meal 6: Casein protein source (either shake or 1% cottage cheese), 1/2 cup of veggies, & 1 tablespoon of healthy fat.

Here is an example:
Meal 1: Cinnamon Raisin Protein Pancake with 1 tablespoon of Almond Butter or Chocolate Coconut Protein Pancake with 1/4 cup of Blueberries
Meal 2: 4 ounces of Chicken Breast & 1/2 cup of Broccoli.
Meal 3: 1 cup of Greek Yogurt or 1/2 cup of 1% Cottage Cheese with 1/4 cup of sliced Strawberries
Meal 4 (Pre-workout): 1 slice of Sweet Potato Shepard's Pie, 1/2 cup of Kale, & 1/2 of a Grapefruit.
Meal 5 (Post-workout): Shake
Meal 6: 1 tablespoon of Almond Butter mixed in 1/2 Cup of 1% Cottage Cheese. 1/2 cup of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment