Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Used to Hate Chicken

I starting preparing for my first figure competition in August 2011. It was around this time when I started to loath chicken breasts. I was eating 3-4 ounces of grilled chicken breasts 3-4 times a day. It got really old. I could not tolerate the texture or taste and preparing it was the worst! I started to eat more ground turkey, ground chicken, and white fish but none of those options really beat the bang my buck got with chicken breasts.

I eat 6 meals a day. Each of my 6 meals have 20-25 grams of protein so I eat between 1 pound and 1.5 pounds of lean meat per day. For my budget, it is more feasible to buy a family sized package of chicken breasts instead of a 20 ounce package of ground turkey breast or 1 pound package of ground chicken. Yesterday, I purchased 6 pounds of chicken breasts for a little over $10 from Aldi. I also purchased a crock pot.

Until I read IFBB Bikini Pro Jaime Baird's blog on the Muscle and Fitness Her's website, I assumed crock pot's were limited to casseroles and desserts. You can only imagine how excited I was try chicken the Baird way! I cooked 6 pounds of chicken with 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1 tablespoon of garlic, and a dash of lemon pepper on low for 7 hours. My apartment smelled so good when I woke up this morning! I am going to continue to cook my chicken this way. The bird is now banned from my Foreman!

No comments:

Post a Comment