Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Buffalo Turkey Meatloaf

I have to admit the idea of meatloaf grosses me out! Last year, I found this recipe for Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf and I loved it! I have made some modifications to Erin's recipe below.

Buffalo Turkey Meatloaf
Makes 4 servings.
Ingredients:
Cooking spray
20oz. Package of Jennie-O Extra lean Ground Turkey Breast
1/3 cup of Frank's Hot Sauce or your preferred hot sauce. I also like Sriracha.
1/2 cup of Broccoli Slaw
1/2 cup of Sliced Carrots
1/4 cup of Chopped Onion
2 Egg Whites
1/4 cup of Crumbled Reduced Fat Bleu Cheese
1 tablespoon of Minced Garlic
Dash of Crushed Red Pepper
Dash of Black Pepper

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F.

Spray a 9” x 5” x 3” nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until uniformly combined. I used a hand mixer on the lowest speed for 2-3 minutes because touching raw meat grosses me out.

Spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Sprinkle some more hot sauce on top.

Bake 40 to 45 minutes.

Nutritional Information:
200 Calories
4.7 grams of Carbs
3.2 grams of Fat
37.6 grams of Protein

No comments:

Post a Comment