Thursday, December 1, 2011

My First Bootcamp!

This semester, I am taking Youth Studies 2241 Experiential Learning. Students were requested to facilitate mini courses for their classmates. I volunteered to facilitate a fitness boot camp on 11/9/11. It was so much fun! I made a super upbeat playlist to keep the participants motivated! We were outside and the weather was gorgeous for this time of year in Minnesota! This workout can be done indooors. Depending on space, you can substitute static stretching for the dynamic stretch warm up. I have done this workout in my living room! Hope you enjoy it!

Warm Up
Complete the sequence twice.
Zombie Walks
Walking Lunges
Prisoner Walks
Walking Quad Stretches
Butt Kickers
Cariocas


Workout
Perform each exercise in the set for 30 seconds. Each set will be 2 minutes long. There will be a 45 second rest in between the sets. Repeat the sequence twice.
Set 1
Jumping Jacks
Squat with Alternating Knee Lifts
Lunge Jumps
Plank Jump Throughs
45 second rest
Set 2
Burpees
Squat with Alternating Kicks
Lateral Lunges
Floor Jacks
45 second rest
Set 3
Jump Squats
Pulsing Plie Squats
Speed Skaters
Inch Worms (optional push up)
45 second rest
Set 4
Hop Squats
Fast Feet
Push Ups
Mountain Climbers


Cool Down and Stretch!

If you have any questions, you are welcome to email me at amanda.danielle.lugo@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment