Sunday, December 11, 2011

Foods I Eat

Here is a list of my favorite protein, carbohydrate, and fat sources!
I did not list my favorite fruits and vegetables because I eat them all!


Protein
I consume 5-6 3-4ounce servings of protein daily.
Shakes
Shakes are really convenient and a part of my competition prep meal plans. During the off-season, I prefer to get my nutrition from whole foods. I like Optimum Nutrition's 100% Gold Standard Whey, Dymatize's Elite Whey, and BSN's Lean Dessert line. My favorite Lean Dessert flavors are Fresh Cinnamon Roll (great mixed in protein pancakes and muffins), Banana Cream Pie, Chocolate Coconut Candy, and Chocolate Fudge Pudding. Trader Joe's makes a quality whey protein powder. It dissolves quickly so you did not need to blend it.


Lean MeatsChicken Breasts
Bison- If you have the chance to go to a Good Earth restaurant this month and you like bison, you have to get the Braised Bison in Red Wine. I had it last night and it was phenomenal!
Venison
Beef- I eat 93% or higher lean ground beef, flank steak, and eye of round.
Fish- Salmon, Tuna, Mahi Mahi, Halibut, Cod, Shrimp, and Scallops. I eat a lot of white fish with grilled with lemon the 4 weeks leading up to a competition.
Turkey- I love the convenience of Jenny O's All Natural 95/5 Turkey Burgers! Target usually carries these at the best price.



Dairy and Non-MeatLinkEgg Whites- I make a protein pancake with 3/4 cup of egg whites, 1/4 cup of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of fruit, and 1 tbsp. of almond butter every morning. I cut egg whites out of my diet the week of a show.
1% Cottage Cheese- It took me a while to get used to the texture. I like to mix 1/4 cup of quinoa, 1/4 of fruit, and 1 tbsp. of almond butter to my cottage cheese as a pre-workout meal.
Non-processed Organic Greek Yogurt- I really like Chobani's nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt.



CarbsI consume 3 1/4cup servings of carbs daily.
Sweet Potatoes- I can seriously eat sweet potatoes every day!
Quinoa
Brown Rice
Oatmeal
Pumpkin
Ezekiel Bread- I love putting 1tbsp. of almond butter on a toasted slice of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread.


Fats
I consume 3 servings of fats daily.
Almond Butter- I absolutely love almond butter! I eat 1 tbsp. of it twice a day.
Avocado
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sesame Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment