Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding



This morning there was a potluck in my internship class. I was not planning on bringing anything in since I was not going to eat but I decided to be a good sport and make something to share. In my search for something relatively easy to make, I found this recipe on the Whole Foods website. It tasted like french toast! I'm sure it is great with almond butter, my favorite fat! I cleaned up the original recipe by using egg whites instead of whole eggs, Ezekiel Bread, and omitted the sugar. Enjoy!

Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
Makes 10 Servings
Ingredients
Cooking spray
10 egg whites
2 cups of 1% milk
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel Bread cut into 1 inch cubes

Method
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Lightly grease a (7- x 11-inch) baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix together egg whites, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Add bread and toss to coat, pressing bread down gently to help it soak up the milk mixture.
Pour the mixture into the baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Uncover and bake for 5 minutes depending on how crisp you want it.


Nutrition
Calories: 123.3
Carbs: 18 grams
Protein: 10.6 grams
Fat: 1.1 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment